Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie Bowl
This healthy strawberry banana green smoothie bowl is the perfect summer breakfast! It's cool and fresh, and covers all the bases with veggies, fruit, protein and good fats too. No gluten, grains, dairy or refined sugars.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 ripe frozen bananas previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups frozen kale or spinach
- 2 small-medium zucchini, sliced and lightly steamed for about 5 minutes (about 2-2.5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed collagen peptides
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ - ½ cup filtered water
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp seed or nut butter of choice
Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add a bit more water or coconut milk if mixture is too thick to blend. Once blended, taste and adjust flavor, as desired (i.e. more nut/seed butter, natural sweetener like dates, raw honey or maple syrup if needed for your taste, etc.).
Divide smoothie into two bowls and top with add-ins of choice. Serve immediately.