Grain-Free Banana Granola (fruit-sweetened!)
Crunchy, healthy and fruit-sweetened, grain-free banana granola makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Mix it into yogurt, a smoothie bowl or with your favorite non-dairy milk. It's even good by the handful!
Servings: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 1 large banana)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips (not shredded)
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or sub avocado oil)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the coconut chips, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cinnamon and sea salt. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the mashed banana, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Pour over dry mixture and stir to coat.
Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Granola will be a deep golden brown when done.
Cool completely on baking sheet. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.