Strawberry Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Poppy Seed Dressing
Strawberry chicken salad with Greek yogurt poppy seed dressing tastes like summer! It's healthy, fresh, light, full of bright flavors, and perfect for a summertime lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- Heaping 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup raw slivered almonds, dry toasted (see instructions)
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt, preferably pasture-raised
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the raw slivered almonds and toast, stirring frequently for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, green onion, strawberries, fresh basil and slivered almonds. Then, pour dressing over mixture and stir to coat.
Serve over greens, with veggie slices, in lettuce wraps or however your heart desires. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and eat within a couple days.