Honey Mustard Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
Healthy and delicious honey mustard shredded Brussels sprout salad is full of fresh diced apple, parsley, toasted pecans and topped with a homemade dressing. It's a delightful blend of savory, sweet and nutty flavors!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (I used Pink Lady, but use whatever you like)
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, dry toasted and roughly chopped (see instructions for dry toasting)
For the honey mustard dressing
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Dry toast the pecans in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently for about 5-6 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and lightly toasted. Set aside to cool a bit. Then, roughly chop, once cool enough to handle.
Place the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts in the food processor container. Cover and pulse a few times or so, until Brussels sprouts are shredded (some larger stray pieces are okay). Be careful not to over-process.
Add the shredded Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and mix in the apple slices and fresh parsley.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking, if needed.
Pour dressing over Brussels sprout mixture and stir to coat. Let sit in fridge for at least 20-30 minutes to marinate. Just before serving, stir in toasted pecans.