Healthy Chocolate Sunbutter Banana Smoothie
Creamy and smooth with the perfect amount of richness, this healthy chocolate sunbutter banana smoothie is a true delight. Top it with your favorite tasty additions and enjoy for breakfast, a snack or even as dessert!
- 2 medium frozen bananas (I freeze mine when they're just ripe, but have no spots -- do whatever you like in terms of ripeness)
- 1 cup good-quality unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, preferably grass-fed
- 2.5 Tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- Cacao nibs
- Hemp seeds
- Banana slices
Add all the smoothie ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavor, as desired.
Divide between two glasses and top with whatever garnishes you like. See some garnish ideas above!