Dill pickle chicken salad is full of herby, savory flavor and tastes absolutely amazing! This healthy chicken salad with a creamy dill dressing is perfect for a spring or summertime lunch.
I adore chicken salad during the spring and summer, and this dill pickle version is my current obsession. I’ve been making it every week as of late, and that’s a sign that it’s definitely worth sharing! It’s so ridiculously delicious and easy, and if you make it on repeat like me, you’ll have the recipe memorized in no time.
Other than a little bit of chopping, this chicken salad comes together quickly. It has both crunchy and creamy textures, plus a whole lot of green color. And, naturally, it has a good dose of dill flavor!
So, what exactly is in dill pickle chicken salad?
- Shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts (leftover chicken is great for this)
- Green onions
- Dill pickles
- Fresh dill
- Fresh chives
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Dill pickle juice
- Dijon mustard
- Dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper
Simply toss the salad ingredients in a bowl, whip up the dressing, pour, mix and serve! I love eating this chicken salad over arugula with thinly sliced carrots, but there’s obviously many other ways to enjoy it. Try it in a lettuce wrap, on top of quinoa, with your favorite crackers or chips, with cucumber slices, etc.
Interested in other chicken salad recipes? Check out my lemon dill avocado chicken salad and za’atar chicken salad.
Cheers and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
For the chicken mixture:
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 heaping cup dill pickles, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, dill pickles, green onions, celery, fresh dill and fresh chives. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix togehter the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust flavor, if desired.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and stir to coat. Serve with veggie slices, over greens, in lettuce wraps, with good-quality potato chips or however else your heart desires.