Gingerbread spiced nuts are crunchy, toasty and reminiscent of the holiday season. These easy roasted nuts are full of warm and zingy spices, and naturally sweetened with molasses and maple syrup. Talk about the perfect edible gift!
‘Tis the season for special holiday treats, meals and more. I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year! And, these gingerbread spiced nuts make a great snack for a holiday party or a delicious edible gift (just put in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it!).
This recipe will work with whatever mixture of nuts you want to use, so pick your favorites, toss with the spices and sweeteners, and bake. It’s that simple!
So, what exactly are these nuts coated with? It’s a delicious, holiday-rich mixture of melted ghee, butter or coconut oil blended with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, allspice, sea salt, vanilla extract, blackstrap molasses and maple syrup. It’s a gingerbread delight!
I must warn you of a couple things though: first, these are highly addictive — best to share with others! Second, these will look darker in color even before baking due to the blackstrap molasses. This may also make them look burnt after roasting, but again, it’s just the molasses. However, be careful not to overdo it in the oven and keep a close watch — they can still burn, of course!
Interested in other holiday recipes? Check out my gingerbread snickerdoodle cookies and dairy-free eggnog cheesecake. My dairy-free gingerbread chocolate hazelnut butter is another great holiday recipe and edible gift!
Cheers and enjoy!
Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
- 2.5 heaping cups raw mixed nuts of choice (I recommend sprouted, when possible)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil, butter or ghee
- 1.5 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add nuts to a large bowl. In a separate small dish, whisk together the melted coconut oil (or other fat of choice), maple syrup, molasses and vanilla. Then, add in the sea salt and spices. Whisk again until smooth.
- Pour mixture over nuts and stir well to coat. Spread in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once done, remove from oven and stir again. Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.