This healthy and delicious honey mustard shredded Brussels sprout salad is full of fresh diced apple, Italian parsley, toasted pecans and topped with a homemade dressing. It’s a delightful blend of savory, sweet and nutty flavors!
While I enjoy roasted Brussels sprouts, I’ve been really into shredded Brussels sprout salads lately and this variation is a current favorite. It’s quick (thanks to the food processor), holds up well and if you add some protein (I like it with baked chicken), can even be served as an entree salad. All around, it’s a great one for the fall and winter months, whether it’s served as a side dish or the main event.
And, it goes without saying that the homemade honey mustard dressing is truly what brings this salad to life. It’s a simple mix of extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, raw honey, sea salt and black pepper. It’s both zesty and sweet, and pairs impeccably well with the Brussels sprouts and apple.
Lastly, this salad is a great one to add to a holiday spread. It’s a little out of the ordinary, full of fresh flavor and is sure to stand out (in a good way!). Plus, I don’t know about you, but I always like to have some sort of salad with my holiday meal.
Interested in other holiday or winter side dishes? Check out my kale and butternut squash salad with orange vinaigrette and mashed sweet and red skin potatoes with bacon.
Cheers and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Honey Mustard Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (I used Pink Lady, but use whatever you like)
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, dry toasted and roughly chopped (see instructions for dry toasting)
For the honey mustard dressing
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Dry toast the pecans in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently for about 5-6 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and lightly toasted. Set aside to cool a bit. Then, roughly chop, once cool enough to handle.
- Place the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts in the food processor container. Cover and pulse a few times or so, until Brussels sprouts are shredded (some larger stray pieces are okay). Be careful not to over-process.
- Add the shredded Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and mix in the apple slices and fresh parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking, if needed.
- Pour dressing over Brussels sprout mixture and stir to coat. Let sit in fridge for at least 20-30 minutes to marinate. Just before serving, stir in toasted pecans.