I am loving the new cookbook, Mediterranean Paleo Cooking from Caitlin Weeks of Grass Fed Girl. The recipes burst with flavor. They are so hearty and filling, yet easy to make. Many of them are perfect for this cool Fall weather too!
UPDATE: Get the book now for 35% off, plus from now until December 1st, use the code “thanksgiving” at checkout for an additional $3 discount! That is 57% off the original price! Click here for more details.
Caitlin’s husband, Nabil co-wrote this book with her. He is a classically trained chef and you will find his chef’s tips included all through out the book. Caitlin is a Paleo oriented holistic nutritionist. She is one of my favorites! I have had the honor of being interviewed on her podcast in the past. She is incredibly knowledgeable. You will also find a shopping list, a healthy food buying guide and nutrition tips form her all throughout the book. Learning from these two intelligent and creative people, was one of the highlights of the book for me!
We recently made their Jelbana (Braised Beef, Artichokes and Peas) and their Strawberry Coffee Cake. Both were unbelievable good. The coffee cake didn’t even last until morning, so I could snap a few photos of it. The Jelbana was surprisingly easy to make! It took very little prep. This recipe will be making an appearance on our dinner table regularly. Here are a few photos of the Jelbana we made.
Caitlin and Nabil have also included a Paleo pasta recipe! Yes, you read that right! If you miss pasta, this will get you closest to the real thing, the only exception will be that you will still feel great after eating it. My husband is a huge pasta fan, so we’ll be trying this one next! I’ll share our photos with you on facebook.
What will you find in Mediterranean Paleo Cooking?
- Everyone is always complaining about not having enough Paleo breakfast ideas, well.. Caitlin and Nabil have included 16 new and exciting breakfast recipes!
- Snacks for everyday eats or for entertaining guests!
- Gourmet salad recipes.
- Hearty and filling soups and stews!
- Huge variety of meat and seafood dishes, included 25 red meat dishes for us carnivores!
- Add some exotic spice and herbs to elevate simple veggies dishes!
- Some tasty ways to start incorporating offal (organ meats) into your diet.
- Fermented foods that will add rich probiotics to your diet.
- 18 Paleo desserts with low-carb options!
- Sauces, stocks and broths made the chef’s way!
These Paleo recipes will take you on an exotic vacation without leaving your own kitchen! They are easy enough to throw together on a weeknight, but exciting enough to serve to dinner guests!
Right now, the book is 35% off to celebrate its launch and in addition, you can get $3 off by using the code “thanksgiving” at checkout. That is a total savings of 57%!