This Air Fryer Orange Chicken Wings recipe makes perfectly crisp skins with without a deep-frying mess. These baked chicken wings are the perfect vehicle for a delicious orange juice and honey glaze. It’s super yummy and only has 6 ingredients!
How to air fry chicken wings
Unlike when cooking with baking sheets food isn’t stuck to the pan while it cooks. Air fryers are designed to allow air to circulate around the food and cook it evenly. This makes it ideal to cook foods with skins that get crispy when cooked like chicken wings.
To cook these Air Fryer Orange Chicken Wings, you prep them the same way you would a baked chicken wings recipe. It’s really simple, just toss with oil and salt then let cook.
I squeeze as many as I can into the air fryer and they generally turn out fine. However, the parts that are touching may not get as crispy since there’s no airflow. If you prefer, just leave a little space between wings and cook the wings in batches.
How to make orange glaze sauce
The orange juice and honey glaze can easily be made while the wings are cooking. It’s actually really simple to make. Just add the ingredients for the orange juice and honey glaze to a small saucepan, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the liquid has thickened. This should be ready just as the wings are finished cooking.
How to glaze chicken wings
When your wings are finished cooking, add them to a large mixing bowl. Pour the orange juice and honey glaze over the top and then toss. Then you’re free to eat them right out of the bowl or place them alongside some orange slices on a bed of lettuce.
Air Fryer Orange Chicken Wings
For the Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
lbs.Chicken Wings (wing tips removed and cut at joint)
- 2 tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
For the Orange and Honey Glaze
- ½ cup Orange Juice (about 1 large orange)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Place chicken in air fryer for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking make the citrus sauce by adding the orange juice, honey, salt and garlic powder in a small saucepan.
- Bring the orange mixture over medium heat to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the mixture has reduced and thickened.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the orange mixture has finished, pour it over the chicken and then toss.
- Serve immediately.