This gluten-free peach granola crisp is healthy, fruity and completely fool-proof. Plus, it’s dairy-free and can be made grain-free too. And, thanks to a couple shortcuts, it whips up super fast, which means it’s ready to eat sooner!
Peach season may be coming to an end, but it’s not too late to make this easy peach granola crisp. In fact, it’s a delicious way to wrap up this last bit of summer. After all, it’s still officially summer until the end of September and I’m all for savoring every last bit of it.
As for this crisp, it couldn’t be easier. The peaches are first tossed with arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and sea salt. Then, on top goes a mixture of melted coconut oil and granola (homemade or good-quality store-bought). After that, just bake, cool and serve!
Another great thing about this delicious peach crisp is that there’s no need to peel the peaches. Personally, I don’t mind the peach skins and like the ease of leaving them on. Of course, I understand why people peel them too. So, while I left them unpeeled, feel free to peel, if you prefer. It seems the easiest way to do so is to boil the peaches briefly and then place them in an ice water bath. After that, the skin peels right off.
For serving, I recommend adding a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, coconut milk whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream (dairy or non-dairy — whatever you prefer). Also, while this crisp is wonderful served warm, it’s equally as amazing when it’s cold.
Interested in other fruity dessert recipes? Check out my grain-free blueberry crumble bars and coconut milk caramel apple pear crisp.
Cheers and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Gluten-Free Peach Granola Crisp
For the peach filling:
- ~9-10 cups fresh peaches, cut into 1/4" slices (peel prior to slicing, if desired)
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
For the granola topping:
- 2.5 cups grain-free or gluten-free granola, (crumble up any large chunks)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan with a little coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir well to coat. Then, pour into prepared baking pan.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, stir together the granola and melted coconut oil. Once mixed well, pour evenly over the peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until fruit begins to bubble. Once done, cool for 15-20 mintues before serving.
- Cover any leftovers and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or, store in the refrigerator and eat within 3-4 days. (I opted to store in the fridge since the weather has been hot).