If you only have 15 minutes to get dinner on the table then this Lemon Cauliflower Rice Pilaf is the dish for you. It takes a short cut by using frozen cauliflower rice and amps up the flavor with fresh lemon, dill, and parsley. It’s perfect for a meal any time of the year but I especially love it during the late winter or early spring when lemons are in season.
What is cauliflower rice?
Well, it’s definitely not rice. It’s cauliflower that’s been processed in a blender or food processor to make it the same size as rice. It’s delicious but only resembles rice in the way that it looks.
The great thing about cauliflower is that it doesn’t have a distinct flavor so you can add whatever flavor you like. The bonus for me is that this is a vegetable and another way to get veggies into my diet.
What can I serve with this dish?
Well, just about anything! It’s especially good with other springtime side dishes like asparagus, carrots or artichokes. I’ve included this Lemon Cauliflower Rice pilaf in the photos with Dairy Free Creamed Leeks and Pan Fried Herb Shrimp.
This Lemon Cauliflower Rice Pilaf is a super fast side dish with lots of lemon and herbs. It’s the perfect side dish for your spring plate. This recipe suits the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP), Paleo and Vegan diets.
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Lemon Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces 1 bag Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1. Add the onion and oil to the pan and cook over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent about 5 minutes.
- 2. Next, add the cauliflower rice and salt.
- 3. Stir to combine and cook another 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the heat and then add the dill, parsley and lemon juice.
- 5. Stir to combine and then serve.