Before we jump into today’s amazing recipe, I want to make sure that you have all had a chance to check out the Primal Life Kit Sale. It features 49 Paleo eBooks and products (+ 14 discount codes) for only $39. That is $1,500 worth of products. The sale is going on for just a few more days. You can get more details about it here.
Magical Paleo Lasagna from Predominantly Paleo
I am working hard to get caught up after my book tour and in an effort to keep you inspired and to bring you new recipes, I’ve lined up some of my favorite fellow bloggers to do guest posts! I want to introduce you to Jennifer of Predominately Paleo. Jennifer shares delicious recipes made of whole ingredients, meaning they are free of grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, but make allowances for a few treats and sweets. Check out her blog, it is full of amazing recipes, like these Paleo Almond Delights. You can find Jennifer on Facebook and Instagram.
Alright, alright, so maybe it hasn’t quite yet won these accolades, but, I can assure you that this was pretty much out of control good. I never could imagine that lasagna could be edible if you took out the two most important ingredients: noodles and cheese. But alas, not only was it edible it was incredible! I hope you’ll agree!!!
The World’s Best Ever Magical Paleo Lasagna
• 1 cup cashews soaked for 2-3 hours and drained
• 3 tablespoons water
• 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (find raw, organic apple cider vinegar here)
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (find organic onion powder here)
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (find sea salt here)
• 1 egg
For meat sauce
• 1 pound grass fed ground beef
• 1 jar organic marinara (i used garlic marinara) – (I like this brand, as it is Paleo friendly – look for it in your local health food store)
For veggie layers
• 1 eggplant
• 1 large zucchini sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup cashew meal
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt (find organic garlic salt here)
• 2 tablespoons water
Instructions for Magical Paleo Lasagna
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons water
3. Mix cashew meal and garlic salt on a plate
4. Slice eggplant in 1/4 inch slices, saturate in egg wash, then dredge in cashew meal
5. Place on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes, flipping once
6. Reduce heat to 375 in oven
7. While eggplant is baking, brown ground beef in medium sized skillet then add marinara and turn off heat
8. For “cheese”, place soaked cashews, water, seasonings, and apple cider vinegar in blender or food processor and puree
9. Add in egg and blend again briefly
10. In a greased casserole dish, place a layer of sliced zucchini on the bottom
11. Now spoon half of meat sauce over zucchini
12. Spread half of “cheese” on top of meat sauce
13. Layer baked eggplant on top of “cheese”
14. Then spoon remaining meat sauce on top and “cheese” on top of meat sauce
15. I spread the “cheese” into the meat sauce a little bit so they were slightly combined
16. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes
17. Serve and enjoy this magical paleo lasagna!
Jennifer is a wife and mother of 3 in pursuit of better health for her family. After being gluten free for 4 years, and having a multitude of chronic health issues, she realized there was still a lot of junk in her pantry and change was needed. Jennifer began feeding her family more meals from WHOLE foods and less from boxes. Her recipes are predominantly paleo,, meaning they are free of grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, but make allowances for a few treats and sweets. She believes food can be medicine when used appropriately and that a few changes now can equate to huge benefits later. Healthy food does not need to be flavorless and void of personality, which she aims to accomplish through her many recipes. You can find Jennifer at her blog, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.