I’ll be traveling for my book tour for the next couple of weeks. In an effort to keep you inspired and to bring you new recipes, I’ve lined up some of my favorite fellow bloggers to do guest posts! I want to introduce you to Joyce of The Skinny Pear. Joyce shares innovative recipes accompanied with stunning photos. I am so excited that she is sharing these Autoimmune Paleo friendly stuffed mushrooms with us today!
You can find Joyce on Facebook and Pinterest.
Sautéed Kale with Stuffed Mushrooms
Kale to me is one of those powerhouse foods, it is packed with goodness you just have to harness it. What can you do with kale? Well, a lot really, salads, juices, chips, you name it. It really is quite versatile.
I actually love juicing kale, I did a juice fast a few months back and loved it! I think I ended up doing 10 days of juicing, felt amazing afterwards, you can check out my post Why You Should do a Juice Fast.
Right now, my husband and I are following an autoimmune Paleo diet for his Grave’s Disease ( you can read more about it here) and it can be hard to come up with recipes that fit all of the strict guidelines, but I think I knocked it out of the park with this Sautéed Kale with Stuffed Mushrooms recipe!
Sautéed Kale with Stuffed Mushrooms (Autoimmune Paleo friendly)
2 green onions
1 lb ground beef
1/8 tsp turmeric
½ tsp minced garlic
Handful of spinach
1-2 tbsp Coconut oil (I like this brand)
- Begin by removing the stems from the mushrooms and chopping them up finely.
- Next, chop your green onions.
- Place a frying man on medium heat and add ½ tbsp. coconut oil. Saute mushrooms, garlic and green onions. Add turmeric. Once the onions are tender, about a minute or two, add in the ground beef. Cook beef all the way through. Add spinach at the end until it wilts.
- In another frying pan, add ½ -1 tbs. coconut oil. Toss in chopped kale and sprinkle with sea salt. Sautee Kale and place on a oven proof serving dish.
- Stuff mushroom caps with ground beef mixture and place on top of the bed of kale. Pop in the oven at 250F for approximately 5 mins.
- There will be more meat than what fills the mushrooms, we used this for lunch the next day
- Serve and enjoy.
Joyce is a mother to two beautiful children, wife to an amazing husband. She spends her day’s blogging at The Skinny Pear, studying to become a registered holistic nutritionist and runs a photography business. When she’s not busy doing all of that, she’s skiing down mountains in the winter and fishing in the summer. Oh and she’s running her first half marathon this year!
John Harris @ Shortcut Workouts says
I’ve never tried Sautéed dishes before, I will be sure to try this this evening.