I have never been one to indulge in paleo baked goods, although I did make them from time to time for the husband. With this little love bug entering our lives, there went my extravagant breakfasts (at least for the time being) full of scrambles, eggs, steak & bacon (just to name a few of my faves!).
I have resorted to baking a batch of muffins every few days, just so I have something quick to eat in the mornings. This is my favorite recipe yet – these are some super moist muffins and I love the subtle crunch the cacao adds.
Servings: 9 muffins
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth, then add eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and almond butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add coconut flour and cinnamon, mix really well.
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes (tangent: I had to go feed Indy in the middle of making these & I found that when the coconut flour sat for a few minutes, it absorbed the liquids really well and the muffins turned out with better consistency … who knew? trying to bake and manage a baby at the same time, would help me discover new cooking techniques!)
- Add in baking soda and cacao nibs. Mix until baking soda is mixed through.
- Fill muffin tins all the way. This made 9 muffins. You don’t need muffin wrappers for these, the muffins slide right out of the tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the muffin pan or tip on their side and let cool.
follow me on…