Healthy grain-free apple spice granola is warm, toasty and tastes like fall. This easy homemade granola is nutty, crunchy and full of apple pie spice flavors. It’s a wonderful autumn take on granola!
I love granola. LOVE. And, homemade is truly the best and so darn easy too. This particular apple spice granola is the epitome of fall and has that whole cozy vibe going on. Just add warm slippers and a robe, and you’re good to go. Oh, and get ready for your house to smell incredible while this is baking!
This chunky granola is studded with pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds, ground flax and dried apples. It’s spiced with warm cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cardamom. Maple syrup or raw honey and applesauce add a nice dose of natural sweetness, as do the dried apples. It truly is fall in granola form.
Enjoy this cozy, hearty granola in yogurt, with non-dairy milk, over ice cream or simply on its own. But, beware, it can be quite addictive. I feel like that’s the nature of a good granola though!
Cheers and enjoy!
Grain-Free Apple Spice Granola
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed (flax seed meal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-4 Tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apples, roughly chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the coconut chips, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and ground flax seed onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir with hands or wooden spoon.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup or raw honey, avocado or coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom and sea salt. Then, pour over nut mixture on prepared baking sheet. Stir to coat and spread mixture out in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and stir in the dried apples. Cool completely and then store in jars or other airtight container.