This Moscow Mule variation is called a Mexican Mule because it uses tequila and ginger kombucha instead of vodka and ginger beer. It’s a healthy and refreshing twist on the original – the perfect summer beverage!
What drink is similar to a Moscow Mule?
If you like drinks with ginger and lime then you should try this Moscow Mule variation, the Mexican Mule.
What is in a Mexican mule?
The difference is that the Mexican Mule uses ginger kombucha and tequila instead of ginger beer and vodka.
Tips to make a Mexican Mule
- Prepare your ingredients in advance. There’s not much to prep, but make the honey simple syrup first and while it’s cooling you can juice the limes.
- Use the highest quality ingredients possible. It will show in the flavor of the drink. It’s the difference between good and great.
If you’re looking for other cocktails featuring lime, try these:
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 4 ounces Ginger Kombucha
- 1 ounce Lime Juice about 2-3 limes
- 1 ounces Honey Simple Syrup
- Sparkling Water (Topochico is recommended)
- Lime or Ginger optional (as a garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add all the ingredients.
- Shake until chilled, then strain into a tall glass with fresh ice.
- Top each glass with splash of sparkling water and stir briefly.
- Garnish with a fresh lime or a thin slice of ginger.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)