We had an incredible time on our road trip. We spent most of our time camping, hiking, swimming & relaxing! And we pretty much ate like kings … Every meal feels like you are fine-dining when using all whole, fresh ingredients, even if you are just eating at a picnic bench river-side!
We made some amazing meals. Some recipes soon to come – halibut with mango/avocado salsa & melon mojitos. In the meantime, here are some photos of the simpler meals we had.
- Grass-fed NY Steak – grilled and served with a side of guacamole, zucchini, and beet salad (store-bought)
- Fried eggs & bacon with fruit
- Italian sausage (gluten-free, of course) with sauerkraut and grilled onions
- Fearless Frank lettuce wraps
- Melon Mojitos
- Nor-cal Margaritas with a splash of orange
Here are a few photos of the places we visited…
Prairie Creek Redwood State Park:
Recipes to come soon!