An easy to make recipe perfect for breakfast comfort food! These Paleo Apple Pancakes are loaded with healthy fats to keep you full.
Pancakes are a life staple. Life. And these Paleo pancakes not only taste delicious, but they’re healthy too! Made from real food ingredients (no Bisquick here!), these Paleo Apple Pancakes are a hit with kids and adults.
There’s something about kids and pancakes. It’s not really a food that they’ll ever say no to.
It wasn’t until my kids started wanting pancakes 3+ times per week that I realized I needed a few staple, healthy recipes. These protein pancakes were always our favorite, but they needed more variety.
Eventually I started putting more and more ingredients into our morning pancakes and even came up with a green smoothie pancake recipe!
And while they’ve all been a hit, we still come back to the basics. And what’s more basic or comforting than Paleo apple pancakes?
All the aroma of apple pie, but in a nutrient-dense pancake form.
These apple pancakes are made from two killer healthy fats: coconut and almond flour. Not only does this make them grain-free, but it also helps keep you full after breakfast.
The best part about coconut flour is that you don’t need a lot of it. It’s extremely dense, it absorbs liquid and it gives the feeling of indulging in carbohydrates when you’re not.
We used to call it a “figure competitors best friend” back when I coached and trained clients for figure competitions.
The combo of coconut + almond flour is also great for kids. Kids need healthy fats to boost brain development and this is a perfect way to do that.
I mean… pancakes!
You can use these Paleo apple pancakes as a Saturday morning indulgence or a weekly breakfast staple – they are that awesome.
I like to make a double batch and keep them in the fridge for the week. This makes breakfast far simpler when all I have to do is reheat to have something nourishing, comforting and filling before running out the door!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Apple Pancakes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple peeled & grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbs almond milk
- syrup, chopped almonds & extra apples for topping optional
- In a bowl combine the flours, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix in the egg and let sit for a couple of minutes
- Spray a pan with non-stick and heat slightly over medium heat.
- Mix in the honey, apple and almond milk until combined.
- Portion out the pancake mix into the pan using a trigger ice cream scoop. I use a circle pancake mold, but you don’t need to. Smooth to make sure they’re even.
- The pancakes do expand so leave room in between.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes until the bottom of golden brown.
- Flip and cook for 2-4 more minutes until cooked through.
- When done, top with chopped almonds, more apple and maple syrup as preferred.
Enjoy these Paleo Apple Pancakes for a quick morning breakfast or a lazy Sunday. They’re made with nutrient dense ingredients, natural sugars, and they’re absolutely delicious with a cup of hot coffee.