These Simple Paleo Seed Muffins are perfect for an on-the-go snack or as a breakfast option paired with fruit. Easy to whip up and perfect for busy days!
PERFECT SNACK FOR KIDS
Keeping snacks on hands when you have kids in the house can be a challenge! Which is why I always love to whip up big batches of muffins and pop them into the freezer for when we need them. And these simple paleo muffins are perfect to do just that. Loaded with nourishing ingredients and flavor, they’re the perfect on-the-go snack.
When it comes to snacks, my girls and I eat a lot. Which is also why I strive to make our snacks as healthy as possible.
And since muffins are such an easy, out the door option I always makes sure to have some on hand (these morning glory muffins are a favorite of ours in the morning).
However, since my girls would eat snacks like these paleo seed muffins all day long (Who am I kidding? So would I!), I always make two batches: one for the freezer and one for the next few days.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SEEDS
These simple paleo seed muffins are full of healthy fats and flavor. Thanks to the chia, hemp and flaxseed they contain a lot of omega three healthy fats which help reduce inflammation and are also a great fuel source.
Kids especially need healthy fats for brain development, which makes these paleo seed muffins perfect for toddlers.
These simple muffins also use pumpkin seeds as one of the base “flours.” While high in zinc and fiber, pumpkin seeds also have an added bonus: magnesium.
We tend to be low on magnesium these days and one of the theories as to why is that our soils are depleted. Our food is just not grown the same way it was years ago. Which is why getting in extra doses throughout the day can be extremely beneficial to our systems.
These simple paleo muffins work as a snack on-the-go or as a breakfast option paired with some fruit. They’re a tasty option to whip up and have on hand and the biggest perk is that they are carrot based which means you’re sneaking in some extra veggies. ?
Plaoe Seed Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.25 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil measured solid
- 2 tbs hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 dates chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, hemp hearts, cinnamon and chia seeds. Grind the pumpkin seeds and add them into the bowl.
- Do not grind so much that the flour is fine. Leave a bit of texture. Mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and pour in the coconut oil and syrup. Mix until everything is combined.
- Add in the carrots and dates. Mix again.
- Portion the muffins out using an ice cream scoop into silicone muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake another 11.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.