I recently had a chance to try the “Daily Good Greens” whole food powders from Aloha. Before we get into the nutritional benefits, I have to tell you that this Paleo Blueberry Orange Smoothie was hands down, the most delicious smoothie that I’ve ever made! You’ll find the recipe for it below.
Make sure to scroll all the way down to enter the GIVEAWAY to win a 6 pack of Daily Good Greens!
Let’s talk a little bit about Daily Good Greens. These whole food powders are a perfect way for busy people to get extra vitamins and minerals into their diets, especially this time of year when it’s most important to load up on immune-boosting nutrients. I love that these powders are not made up of synthetic vitamins, but of whole foods and a wide variety at that!
For those that are wondering, wheat-grass is gluten-free. Daily Good Greens are gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and free of GMOs!
I love that Aloha’s Daily Good Greens are packed with healthy whole foods, including mushrooms, blueberries, ginger and spinach (to name a few). Another interesting ingredient that you don’t see often is Moringa – nicknamed “the tree of life” and packed with 92 vitamins, minerals, and phytocompounds!
I was thrilled to see that blueberries were Aloha’s berry of choice for their whole food powders. I was just listening to Dr. Tom O’Bryan’s interview during the Digestion Sessions and he mentioned studies that found that by consuming one cup of blueberries a day, you can reverse the loss of brain function. That is amazing, right? Blueberries are low in sugar and loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols
How to enjoy Daily Good Greens:
- Stir into water: The easiest way is to just add water and drink it as a green juice. They’re delicious! I really enjoy them this way. Since they come in a packet, they are great to travel with too. I tend to up my nutrient intake when I fly, to help boost my immune system and decrease any chances of picking up bugs or viruses on the plane.
- Add to food: We added the chocolate flavor to my Paleo N’Oatmeal and it was delish!
- Blend into a smoothie: Daily Good Greens are a great way to give your smoothie a nutrient boost. Get my recipe for Paleo Blueberry Orange Smoothie below.
Although, I love to cook, life can get really busy, especially this time of year. These whole food powders are a great way for me to ensure that I am getting nutrients, on those busy days, that are just go-go-go! I keep them in my purse and add them to water when I am on the go.
When I have time, my favorite way to enjoy Daily Good Greens is in this Paleo Blueberry Orange Smoothie! It’s low in sugar and loaded with super foods – including avocado, coconut oil and gelatin (from grass-fed cows). If you’ve read this book, then you know the role gelatin plays in a healthy digestive system, skin, hair, nails and so much more!
Check out the different Daily Good Greens flavors here!
Paleo Blueberry Orange Smoothie
1 tablespoon organic, cold-pressed coconut oil, softened
1/2 an avocado
1 tablespoon gelatin (use this one because it doesn’t gel)
2 medjool dates, pitted
¼ teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup of filtered water or coconut water
½ cup coconut milk
1 packet of daily good: berry blend (find it here)
1 cup frozen blueberries
- Blend the coconut oil, avocado, gelatin, dates, orange zest, orange juice, water, coconut milk and berry blend.
- Once this is well blended, then add the berries and blend until smooth.
- It’s important to not add the berries in the first step, as the cold berries, will freeze the coconut oil, and it won’t be smooth, you will end up with lots of little hard beads of coconut oil in your smoothie.
Win a 6 pack of The Daily Good in 3 different flavors – original, chocolate and berry!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*This giveaway is open to US residents only.
This giveaway is sponsored by Aloha, a company committed to health and wellness through whole foods. All opinions are my own. I only share products and brands with you, that I wholeheartedly believe in.
CLICK HERE to PIN this post!