A simple snack recipe to help you curb cravings! These Pecan Pie Energy Balls are made with only five ingredients and are a healthier choice than the real thing.
Having healthy snacks in the fridge is crucial to kill cravings and to stay fueled while running out the door.
You’ll love these pecan pie energy balls because:
- They come together quickly
- They’re bite-sized so perfect to pop in your mouth
- Minimal ingredients are needed to make them
- They highlight all the flavors of Fall
Like most nuts, pecans are loaded with healthy nutrients, antioxidants, and all-around great for digestion.
However, the reason that I love them is that they have an indulgent feel to them. Combined with a hint of syrup and some cinnamon (like in these maple candied pecans), anything pecan related comes out tasting like dessert.
What To Use These Energy Balls For
The biggest perk of these no-bake energy balls is that they’re both healthy and indulgent. Which means they’re perfect for:
- Mid-day afternoon slumps
- Running out the door and needing something to pop-in-your-mouth
- A mini treat after dinner
- A bite-sized dessert for a gathering
Really, the pecan energy balls work for just about everything.
What’s The Texture Like?
This is the best part – it depends!
The no-bake energy balls can be made chunky with a lot of texture by leaving the pecans a bit chunkier when you grind them. Or, you can pulse them into more of a powder and have a smoother ball.
Soaking the dates for a few minutes in warm water help them blend into a paste better which is what helps hold the balls together. While this isn’t crucial, it does help the texture.
These pecan pie energy balls are the perfect solution to sweet Fall cravings. They’re easy to make and great to pop in your mouth! Since dates are naturally sweet, there’s only a hint of maple syrup to make the balls come together with Fall flavors. Indulge in your cravings and get out of a mid-day slump with these no-bake, pecan energy balls.
Ingredients In The Pecan Pie Balls
- coconut cream
- sea salt
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Pecan Energy Balls
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup dates soaked in warm water first
- 2 tbs coconut cream from a can
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- First, drain the dates. Reserve the water in case it’s needed.
- In a small food processor, combine the dates, vanilla, and coconut cream.
- Process until smooth paste forms. Scrape the paste into a bowl. Add the pecans into the food processor and pulse until mostly ground or ground into a fine powder (depending on your preferences and how smooth you want the balls).
- Add the pecans and remaining ingredients into the bowl with the date paste.
- Mix well until everything is combined. Line a cutting board with parchment paper and wet your hands with water. Portion and roll the mixture into small, bite-sized balls and place them on the parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge or the freezer for thirty minutes to set. Can be stored in the fridge or the freezer.
You might also like:
Where to buy coconut cream?
Arsy Vartanian says
Trader Joe’s usually has it!