These East Cajun Pecans are simple to whip up and done in under fifteen minutes. They are an awesome last-minute party snack that have a spicy kick!
Showing up (or hosting!) to the party empty-handed is never an option. But neither is spending a whole lot of time in the kitchen being creative.
This is why my whole philosophy when it comes to the kitchen is “easy.” Whatever I can do to make life easier without sacrificing health is a win for me!
And that’s what I focus on when it comes to snacks.
Just like bean dip, candied or spiced nuts are a staple at most gatherings. They’re easy, but they are also addictively good.
And to me, they are awesome. Nuts are a natural dairy-free and gluten-free choice, which means I love when they are offered at a party because I have something else to munch on aside from veggies!
These Easy Cajun Pecans take party nuts to a whole new level. They are simple to whip up, but they come with a spicy kick!
Health Benefits of Pecans:
- They are calorie-dense. Meaning, a little goes a long way!
- They are a great source of zinc
- They are loaded with healthy fats
- They contain manganese
This little nut is no ordinary nut! Unfortunately, most people use pecans in a candied version. Loading them up with sugar somewhat counteracts the perks of pecans. And while you can use syrup, rocking a Cajun spice blend is just as delicious.
Cajun spices can be great for anti-inflammatory purposes, and may boost metabolism as well.
Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and can help with hormone sensitivity. Cayenne pepper can boost metabolism and possibly aid indigestion. And garlic, well garlic can do a little bit of everything.
So, this Easy Cajun Pecan recipe has more going for it than just a tasty party snack – it’s full of healthy benefits, too!
Whip up a big batch and wow your friends with this fifteen-minute party snack!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Cajun Pecans
- 1.5 cups pecans shelled
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine all the spices/seasonings and mix well.!
- In a larger bowl, toss the pecans in the avocado oil until coated.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning and toss the pecans again until they’re all coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the pecans flat. Making sure they don’t clump anywhere.
- Bake for eight minutes. Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the tray.
Cajun Pecans is amazing. I tried this and loved it