Over a year ago, I redid (or more like did) my spice drawer and it has made the world of difference. When your spices are organized, cooking goes smoother and you don’t waste money repeatedly purchasing spices you already have. I have my spice drawer right where I do most of my prep cooking, so I can quickly open the drawer and grab what I need. It has made cooking so much more efficient!
I use a lot of spices, so I keep the ones that I don’t use as often in a wooden crate in the pantry.
What do you need?
- Glass spice jars: I used these spice jars from Crate & Barrel. Here is a similar option from Amazon. These ones would work too.
- Chalk Paint: I used this basic chalk paint because it’s cheap and it works well, but after I had purchased it, I found a VOC free brand.
- Chalk Ink Pen: After you use a chalk ink pen, you won’t ever be able to go back to regular chalk for these types of projects. It works soooooo much better and it is much easier to write clearly!
- Paint brush: A small one like this will do!
- Rinse the jars and allow them to dry completely.
- Paint 2 coats of chalk paint over the lids. Allow a few hours to dry.
- Write spice names using chalk pen!