This mango chia pudding is refreshing, light, and full of plant-based nutrients. Enjoy for breakfast in the morning, or as a pre-made snack in the afternoon. Paleo recipes like this make healthy eating easy and delicious!
It’s easy to get bogged down with healthy eating when we consider the fact that making meals takes so much time. And let’s face it, no one wants to spend excessive time in the kitchen.
This is why it’s so important to have healthy, easy recipes on hand. And given mornings are normally a mad dash to get everything done, make-ahead breakfast keep things simple.
This mango chia pudding is made with only real food ingredients. It’s sweetened naturally with just the mango and coconut which helps cut down on daily sugars.
Plus, the coconut milk powder helps create a creamy texture.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
You may be wondering how something with such minimal ingredients can keep you full. Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients of course! They’re a plant-based source of fuel that contains great protein, as well as lots of omega-3 fatty acids.
In fact, they’re potent when it comes to health. They can even help slow digestion which will help keep you full longer. Read more about the benefits of chia seeds and how to get them into your diet.
While this mango chia pudding is light, refreshing, and tasty all on its own, it’s okay to want more! If you’re looking for more protein in your breakfast, try adding a scoop of collagen into the mix. Unflavored collagen won’t change the taste of the chia pudding, but it will bump up the protein.
Likewise, if you’re used to food a bit sweeter and are just learning to wean down, adding a touch (1-2 teaspoons) of maple syrup or honey is a great start.
Lastly, if you’re like me and love crunch. Top the chia pudding with some homemade granola or just a few walnuts. There are lots of ways to customize this easy breakfast idea!
Ingredients In Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
- frozen mango
- milk of choice
- chia seeds
- coconut milk powder
- shredded coconut
- canned coconut milk
Coconut Mango Chia Pudding
- In a blender, combine the frozen mango, coconut milk powder, and milk. Blend until smooth or leave a few chunks for texture.
- Pour the mixture over the chia seeds and mix well.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes and stir again.
- Portion half the chia mixture between two small jars. Top each jar with 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut and then divide up the remaining mixture.
- Place two tablespoons of the chilled coconut milk in a bowl and mix with a fork. It will melt slightly and as you mix start to fluff a bit. Top each jar with the coconut cream and place it in the fridge for a few hours overnight.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)