Coconut whipped cream is a Paleo and dairy-free favorite. I completely understand why… it is freakin delicious! But, I didn’t really like making it, until I started using the easiest method ever! This method is so much simpler and requires much less clean-up than using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer.
Do you have an immersion blender? It is a great kitchen gadget. I have this one, but without all the attachments. It’s inexpensive and so very useful. I use it to make soups, cauliflower mash, carrot puree and whipped cream!
I use the Aroy-D brand of coconut cream (that I order from Amazon) to make mine. I like that the packaging is BPA-free and the only ingredient is 100% coconut cream – no preservatives or additives. You can also use canned coconut milk. I’ll cover both methods in the directions.
This method also works great for regular whipped cream!
Coconut Whipped Cream in 30 seconds
- Place 2 cups of coconut cream, 2 cups of homemade coconut milk or the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. If using coconut cream or homemade coconut milk, I like to put it in a wide mouth mason jar.
- An hour before making your whipped cream, place your mixing bowl in the freezer to chill it.
- If using coconut milk (not cream), remove the milk from the refrigerator and carefully scoop out the cream from the top of the container and into your mixing bowl. For coconut cream, you can just put the entire contents into the mixing bowl. You can save the remaining liquid from the coconut milk and add it to smoothies.
- Add honey to taste to your mixing bowl and stir to combine. I use 1 tablespoon for 2 cups of coconut cream. If you are using coconut milk, you will have much less cream. I recommend starting with 1 teaspoon of honey and adjusting to taste from there. The honey should not be hard, you can put it in a small glass container and put it in a warm water bath to gently liquify it.. Or you can do what I do and use a baby bottle warmer, if you have one laying around.
- Use an immersion blender and blend for 30 seconds, moving the blender up and down until peaks form.
- Serve immediately or store it in the fridge and blend it again right before serving.