Take any meal to the next level with this dairy-free kale pumpkin seed pesto. It whips up in a matter of minutes and is easy to adapt for your taste. It’s also nut-free!
A good sauce truly is a game-changer and can easily transform an okay meal into an amazing one. This pesto does just that and is quite versatile, too. I love it with eggs, but it’s also great with roasted vegetables, chicken, fish, cauliflower rice and more. It can even be served as a dip with veggie slices and whatever else your heart desires.
Additionally, this delicious green sauce is both dairy-free and nut-free, which is not the norm when it comes to pesto. It uses pumpkin seeds instead of nuts and nutritional yeast instead of cheese. It’s easily adaptable too, so feel free to switch up the herbs or add more, omit the nutritional yeast, add cheese (if tolerated), etc. Make it work for you!
This dairy-free kale pumpkin seed pesto comes together in a pinch and is a simple way to elevate nearly any meal.
Interested in other pesto recipes? Check out my pumpkin seed fennel pesto and primal parsley pesto.
Cheers and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Dairy-Free Kale Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 3 cups packed torn green kale leaves (no stems)
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves (flat-leaf parsley)
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, preferably sprouted
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about half a medium lemon)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, or more if you want a thinner pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.