This slow cooker taco meat recipe is so simple and easy to make! Plus, it’s really versatile as well!
Here is another easy slow cooker recipe for you – taco meat! Taco meat is a Paleo favorite of ours. We make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week. Taco salad is one of our favorite ways to eat it, but it’s also really good with eggs or tossed with a bunch of roasted veggies.
Like the rest of my easy slow cooker recipes, it can be improved upon by using my 5 Tips for Perfect Slow Cooker meals. But, the purpose of this version is to minimize your time in the kitchen, while you still enjoy a healthy and delicious meal!
You can make this recipe even easier by substituting the spices with a premade Paleo friendly taco seasoning. However, it really only takes a few minutes to mix the spices up. Even with mixing up the spices, this recipe took me 5 minutes to prep!
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Meat
Ingredients to make taco meat
2 lbs. ground beef, preferably grass-fed (find grass-fed beef here)
3 tablespoons tomato paste (I like this one – it’s organic and comes in a glass jar!)
1 tablespoon chili powder (I like this one – it doesn’t use any anti-caking agents, the ingredients are all spices!)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
*Note: You can reserve 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning and add it in the last 30 minutes of cooking. This extra step isn’t necessary, but it will heighten the flavor of the meat!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- 2 lbs. ground beef, preferably grass-fed (find grass-fed beef here)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (I like this one – it’s organic and comes in a glass jar!)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I like this one – it doesn’t use any anti-caking agents, the ingredients are all spices!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices.
- Add the beef, tomato paste and spices to the slow cooker. Use a spoon to mix up the ingredients and break up the meat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Break up the meat some more.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat from the slow cooker and serve!
Thanks for the recipe! I’m doubling it and storing it in 10 individual mason jars for the week – that way my husband and I can grab one each day, take it to work, and put it over salad greens. I had ground turkey, so am making it with that.
I love that idea! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Hard to tell from the picture, is the beef ground? Thanks!
Yes! I just clarified in the post too.
Do you brown the meat before you the throw it in the crock pot ??
You can for added flavor, but I don’t for this recipe, just to minimize the time spent.