Like always … super easy! Now, we have Mole for days! You can serve this with some avocado and a side of veggies, or with a salad … Since, we will be eating it for the next 3 days, I imagine we will do all of the above!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 spicey peppers, roughly chopped (I used to jalapenos)
- 10-ounces of chicken broth (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 ounces cacao powder
- 4-6 chicken breasts
*If spicy isn’t your thing, I would recommend only using 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder, and only using 1 spicy pepper.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and continue to saute
- Add diced tomatoes, peppers, broth, almond butter, cacao.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Sear the chicken in a heavy bottomed hot saute pan over medium-high heat until browned on both sides – You can use more coconut oil. I used left over bacon grease from breakfast … Mmmm … yummy!
- Place chicken in crock-pot, pour pureed sauce over it and set on low for 6 hours
- At 5 hours in, I shredded the chicken
- If there is too much liquid, you can just use a strainer to drain it.
Blu Moon says
I think I just need to live with you guys to eat healthy, lol. YUM!
G! You are welcome too! … Come stay for a week and we will feed you paleo! We have a guest room now. Maybe, Disney will let you work remote from the beach!
Looks amazing, thanks for sharing.