No-bake chocolate cherry bites are full of chocolatey, nutty and fruity flavor. These delicious and easy bites are packed with healthy fats, antioxidants and a little bit of protein too. Made without refined sugars, dairy or gluten, these make a perfect snack or treat. Great for Valentine’s Day, too!
When life calls for something sweet and decadent, but you don’t want to go through the fuss of baking, make these no-bake chocolate cherry bites! Not only are these easy to make and comprised of seven simple ingredients (okay, 8 or 9 if you add the optional maple syrup and roll these in something at the end), but they’re actually nutritious too.
To make these tasty bites, simply combine blanched almonds, cocoa (or cacao) powder, coconut oil, apple-juice sweetened dried cherries, cacao nibs, vanilla extract, sea salt and maple syrup (if using) in the food processor. Then, roll, garnish in hemp seeds (if desired), chill and eat!
These bites can be made completely fruit-sweetened or with the addition of a little maple syrup too (personally, I prefer them with the maple syrup). The great thing is that the mixture can be blitzed up without the maple syrup and then tasted before deciding if you want to to add it or not. I love that about no-bake treats like these…sample along the way. But, either way, there’s no refined sugar, which is a win in my opinion.
Lastly, feel free to make these your own by adding things like chia seeds, collagen powder or unsweetened shredded coconut. Play around with the garnishes for rolling too!
Interested in other similar recipes? Check out my raw pumpkin seed pistachio date bites and salted almond bites.
Cheers and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Bites
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Heaping 3/4 cup apple-juice sweetened dried cherries
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, optional
- Hemp seeds, for rolling, optional (cocoa powder and unsweetened shredded coconut are also great options for rolling)
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor container and pulse until everything is well mixed and starts to clump together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again, as needed. Make sure mixture will stick together when pressed between your fingers. If not, add a little bit more dried cherries for stickiness.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls. If desired, roll in hemp seeds (cocoa powder or unsweetened shredded coconut would also work well). Place in refrigerator to firm up for 20-30 minutes (you can eat right away, but will be softer). Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and eat within a week.
Love this recipe. I made this recently and between my hubby and I, it didn’t last long. I had trouble getting it really sticky, so I kept adding cherries (unsweetened). I probably ended up using over a cup to a cup and a half. I added a tbsp of maple syrup, but I’m skipping it next time because these were pretty sweet. I rolled them in shredded coconut. Easy to make, though messy, and completely worth the effort.