This is my review of the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet, what it is, and how it has benefited my overall wellbeing.
I first did the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet after learning about the research done on fasting and cell rejuvenation – it was fascinating! – and I knew I wanted to give it a try for myself.
I experienced some weight loss and felt more clear headed during and after the fast. Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely difficult, and some days are harder than others; but I choose this diet because I knew it was a better option for me than doing a complete fast (not eating at all). Oh, and the chocolate crisp bar is delicious!
I did the fast three times in 2020, as recommended, and I am starting 2021 with another round of the fast in January.
What is the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet?
The ProLon® Fasting Mimicking Diet® is a 5-day meal program that provides scientifically researched micro and macronutrients in precise quantities and combinations that nourish the body, but are not recognized as food, and therefore mimics a fasting state. It is based on 20 years and $36 Million in research and development.
The 5-day dietary program that nourishes your body while promoting rejuvenating changes, including supporting metabolic balance. It gives the benefits of a fast while providing delicious food to help fight hunger and protect lean body mass. You get the associated benefits of fasting without requiring ongoing lifestyle changes, such as long-term dieting.
What is a fasting mimicking diet?
The definition of fasting is to abstain from food for a specific period of time. It’s during this period that the body experiences various fasting modes, each offering a range of life-enhancing, physical effects. The benefits of these effects can increase with longer fasts.
However, it’s obviously extremely challenging for most people to get through a prolonged fasting period (between 4-7 days) without food.
This is where the concept of fasting mimicking comes into play—an approach that tricks the body into thinking it is fasting while allowing for a minimal amount of food.
ProLon is a safer, simpler option than water-only fast because it provides the macro and micro nutrients your body needs.
How It Works
ProLon® meals come in 5 small boxes (one for each day) that include plant-based energy bars, soups, a variety of snacks, drinks, and supplements, all studied and carefully designed to nourish your body and support metabolic and overall health for healthy aging. Health benefits are sustained up to three months after completing 3 cycles of ProLon®.
Benefits of ProLon
- ProLon enhances your body’s natural processes of cellular clean-up which naturally gets triggered when your body is in a prolonged (3 or more days) fasting state.
- In a clinical study, ProLon is shown over three cycles to help individuals lose an average of 5.7 lbs and 1.6 inches off their waist circumference (benefits seen in a clinical study of the 5-day ProLon cycle once a month for three months).
- ProLon provides the body with a scientifically developed combination of micro and macro-nutrients designed to keep the body nourished while going through the rejuvenating process of the fasting state.
- ProLon meals come in 5 grab-and-go boxes (one for each day) that include plant-based energy bars, soups, a variety of snacks, drinks, and supplements – I loved not having to think about what I was eating for 5 days!
- ProLon is gluten-free and uses healthy, mostly plant-based ingredients including olives, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate and herbal teas.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.