Summer is by far my favorite season. I’ll take cut-offs over jeans and flip flops over boots any day. How I cope with trading in my summer uniform for pants and sweaters is by plunging into the Fall season with pumpkin everything.
Your house will smell incredible as this Pumpkin Bread Pudding bakes. This is really more of a hybrid between a pumpkin bread and bread pudding. It is comforting and delicious! Plus, it is easier to make than traditional bread pudding. I enjoyed this for breakfast all week!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Budding
Equipment: Loaf Pan (I use this kind)
1 cup coconut milk (I prefer homemade or this brand)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1.5 cups pumpkin puree (make your own or I like this brand)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coconut flour (I use this brand)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like this brand because they are dairy and soy free)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (I use this brand)
coconut oil for greasing pan
coconut whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and cardamom.
- Add your coconut flour mixture to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes, so the coconut flour can effectively absorb the wet mixture.
- Add the baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm topped with coconut whipped cream.