Thai food is my favorite! I dream of one day eating my way through Thailand. I used to love going out to Thai restaurants, but like most foods, now I prefer to make it at home myself. This version is better than any take out we’ve ever had.
I didn’t add vegetables to this, as I wanted to be able to poach the chicken in the coconut milk. I also wanted the dish to be just chicken, so I can use it for different meals throughout the week. Once I removed the chicken from the coconut milk. I used the remaining milk to cook some vegetables I had in my fridge. I threw in some yams, carrots and zucchinis. You can throw in whatever you have!
Thai Green Curry Chicken
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
2 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon coconut aminos (I use this brand)
1 tablespoon fish sauce (I use this brand)
3 tablespoons green curry paste (I use this brand)
3 cups coconut milk (Homemade or I like this brand)
1.5 lbs, chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 small jalapeno, chopped (optional)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 of a fresh lime
cilantro for garnish
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a large saute pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Saute the green onion until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, fish sauce and curry paste and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, jalapenos and salt.
- Lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to poach. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce to low heat and cook with the lid on for 50 minutes, or until chicken pulls apart with a fork easily.
- Pull the chicken apart, use a slotted spoon to remove it from the coconut milk. Squeeze in the lime juice and shower with chopped cilantro.
- Optional: Use the remaining broth to cook vegetables for a side dish. Cook vegetables over medium heat until soft.