Slow cooker no-peel apple butter is easy, hassle-free and healthy. There’s no peeling necessary in this simple recipe and the end result is smooth, delicious apple butter. It’s honey-sweetened too!
I am smitten with this apple butter. It is silky smooth, flavored with warm spices and not too sweet. Better yet, the peels stay on the apples, which retains more nutrients and saves so much time. I don’t know about you, but I don’t particularly enjoy peeling 5 lb of apples by hand.
While this apple butter does cook slowly and for many hours, it is incredibly easy. The most time-consuming part is slicing and coring the apples, but that’s not so bad, especially because there’s no peeling. After that, the apple slices go into the slow cooker with raw honey, warm spices, lemon juice, sea salt and vanilla extract. Then, the slow cooker does all the hard work for many hours and during this time, the house smells amazing!
After the apples cook down, the mixture goes into the blender and is blended until completely smooth. Then, it’s finally ready to eat! Enjoy with gluten-free or grain-free bread, crackers, oatmeal, yogurt, smoothie bowls or whatever else your heart desires. It’s also delicious on top of turkey deli meat for a sweet-savory combo.
Cheers and enjoy!
Slow Cooker No-Peel Apple Butter
- 5 lb apples, cored and sliced with peels on (I used Gala, but any type of sweeter apple works)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients, except the lemon juice into the slow cooker. Stir to coat. Then, cover and cook on low for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the apple mixture to a blender container and blend on high until smooth (alternatively, you can use an immersion blender and blend directly in the crock). Pour mixture back into the slow cooker (unless you used an immersion blender) and cook uncovered on low for an hour, stirring occasionally. Once done, stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to jars and store in the refrigerator. Use within one month or freeze and use within 6 months.