I recently had the pleasure of joining Stacy of Paleo Parents & Sarah from The Paleo Mom on their podcast, The Paleo View. It aired last Friday, but I finally listened to it today. I was really afraid to listen to it… you know how it’s so strange to hear yourself talk? I didn’t listen to it on Friday because if I sounded terrible or really nervous it would have ruined my entire weekend. I finally got enough courage to listen to it, after my friend Lisa emailed me to let me know that she already heard it and that I sounded great! Thank you, Lisa! I tuned in during my morning commute, and it was such a great episode, the 75 minutes in the car flew by! I had such a great time chatting with these 2 smart ladies about breastfeeding and first foods. I don’t know how I would get through this commute every week without all the awesome paleo podcasts!
Chipotle Lime Steak Marinade
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 2 limes
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 an onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
3 dried chipotle chili peppers, chopped
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Rehydrate chipotle peppers: Split the chilies open and remove the seeds. Place in a bowl and cover with warm water. Keep covered for 30 minutes. While peppers are rehydrating prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients including the chipotle peppers.
- Place beef in a glass storage bowl and pour marinade over it.
- Allow to marinate for 3 hours to overnight in the refridgerator.
- Remove steak from the marinade, leave peppers and onions behind.
- Grill to desired wellness.
*Note: My husband reduced the leftover marinade until it turned pretty thick and he served it on the side. It was very flavorful!
Steak Fajita Salad w/ Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
2 lbs. grilled carne asada
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 tablespoon ghee
guacamole, cilantro, diced green onion for garnish
salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat ghee over medium. Add onions, peppers and zucchini and saute until onions are translucent and zucchini is tender. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Top lettuce with onion/pepper saute, carne asada, guacamole, cilantro, green onion and drizzle with chipotle lime vinaigrette.