Summer breakfast just got better with this healthy strawberry banana green smoothie bowl. It’s cool and fresh and covers all the bases with veggies, fruit, protein and healthy fats too. Plus, it whips up in a flash.
To be honest, I’m not really much of a smoothie person, but every blue moon, it calls out to me. I prefer smoothies not to be too sweet or overloaded with fruit though because then it just becomes dessert. In this case, I opted for just enough fruit to naturally sweeten it and bulked up the nutrients with vegetables, good fats, and protein.
Ingredients to make Green Smoothie Bowl:
In the mix, there’s zucchini, kale, avocado, strawberries, banana, collagen, flax meal and more. It definitely packs a nutrient-dense punch and is so simple to make too. Literally, you blend, pour and garnish your heart out.
Speaking of garnishes, this is where things get really fun and delicious. In my opinion, the add-ons are truly the best part of a smoothie bowl. In fact, I think the smoothie itself is just a vehicle for things like drippy nut butter, grain-free granola, cacao nibs, etc. Plus, I love having different textures and some actual things to chew on too.
Reasons to make a Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie Bowl
It’s not only super easy to make this smoothie bowl but it’s also completely packed full of nutrients! Everyone can customize their own bowl to have any kind of fruit. If they aren’t into Strawberry Banana, they might like Strawberry Kiwi or just a full bowl of berries.
What makes this such a cool and refreshing summer breakfast, is how healthy and filling it can be. I hope you love this green smoothie bowl.
Cheers, and enjoy!
Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 ripe frozen bananas previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups frozen kale or spinach
- 2 small-medium zucchini, sliced and lightly steamed for about 5 minutes (about 2-2.5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp flax meal
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed collagen peptides
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ - ½ cup filtered water
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp seed or nut butter of choice
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Raw nuts and/or seeds
- Raw honey
- Grain-free granola
- Extra drizzle of nut or seed butter
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If needed, add a bit more water or coconut milk if mixture is too thick to blend. Once blended, taste and adjust flavor, as desired (i.e. more nut/seed butter, natural sweetener like dates, raw honey or maple syrup if needed for your taste, etc.).
- Divide smoothie into two bowls and top with add-ins of choice. Serve immediately.