This 10 minute Lime Margarita Mocktail recipe is a refreshing summery virgin margarita. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart without the tequila or margarita mix.
What should I serve with these non-alcoholic margaritas?
Tacos, of course! Margaritas are great for washing down Paleo Beef Cheek Tacos. The acidity of the citrus pairs really well with the fattiness of the beef cheek. If you’re looking for something lighter try these Tilapia Lettuce Wraps with Mango Papaya Salsa.
How To Make Virgin Margaritas At Home
Making Margarita Mocktails is all about finding the perfect balance of sweet and tart. The addition of lemon and sparkling water temper the tartness and the simple syrup made with honey) adds the sweetness.
I used a cocktail shaker top for mason jars. I like this one because I always have mason jars handy and I don’t need a specialty tool to make drinks.
I also used a jigger to measure out the liquid but you could easily use a small measuring cup. A jigger measured out small amounts (usually under 2 ounces) of liquid and is specifically used as a bar tool.
Tips for making the best margarita recipe ever
Since this recipe doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, it’s really best to use the freshest ingredients. Fresh lemon and lime juice have a life to them that can be tasted. It’s so much better than bottled.
You can use any sparkling water but I’m partial to Topo Chico. That water is magical. It stays bubbly long after its competitors go flat.
For the salt, I used Himalayan sea salt as that’s the salt that I have handy. You can use any salt that you prefer but just make sure it’s fine. If it’s too coarse then it won’t stick to the rim.
If you’re looking for other non-alcoholic drink recipes, try these:
If you like this recipe, be sure to share, leave a comment or rate the recipe below!
Lime Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- To salt the glass rims, place salt on a plate and set aside.
- Take a lime wedge and place it over the rim your glass. Swipe it around the glass until the rim is wet.
- Tip the glass upside down, setting the rim into the salt. Repeat this process on the second glass.
- Set the glasses aside until you are ready to make your mocktail.
- Next make the drink, pour the lime, lemon, simple syrup and sparkling water into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Put the top on the cocktail shaker and then shake to combine and chill.
- Pour the drink equally into each glass.
- Add a wedge of lime to the rim and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)