An easy, paleo breakfast hash that’s perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch! Loaded with nutrients, this hearty recipe is filled with protein and fiber — fuel up and enjoy!
Most mornings, breakfast is rushed, insane and whatever you can fit into your mouth while running out the door (grab these ten make-ahead breakfast recipes to keep life simple).
Let’s face it, we’re busy, and far too often we focus on the immediate need to eat something rather than the nutrients we should be getting!
This simple breakfast recipe helps change that!
Loaded with real-food ingredients, lots of nutrients and also allergy-friendly, this breakfast hash is a tasty meal that will keep you fueled all morning!
This breakfast hash allows you to sneak some veggies into your breakfast and load up on protein. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamins A and C, and mushrooms are loaded with antioxidants that help boost your immune system.
Use this breakfast recipe for:
- A lazy Sunday morning with the family
- Playing host to friends
- When you just have a craving for some hearty, healthy comfort food
While this breakfast recipe may look complicated, it’s really easy to whip up — perfect if you have company! Everybody loves a hearty morning meal and what better choice than something that is filling and nourishing.
Simple, delicious and nutrient-dense. This breakfast hash is a weekend (or weekday!) keeper.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (small cubes)
- 10 cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 handful spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. chicken broth or water
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. salsa
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 10 crimini mushrooms diced, stem included
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 handful spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs chicken broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbs salsa
- Add the oil int a large pan and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until the onion begins to look clear.
- Add in the sweet potato, mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon sea salt. Cover and cook for five minutes. Stirring once.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of water or broth, stir and recover to cook.
- Meanwhile, spray a pan with non-stick spray and cook eggs according to preference (sunny side up is our favorite!)
- Cook the veggies covered until sweet potato is cooked through. Remove lid and stir in spinach, remaining salt and some pepper.
- Cook for three minutes more, using a silicone spatula to scrape the sweet potato from the pan.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the salsa.
- Prep the plates by adding half the hash mixture and top it with two eggs n each plate. Add more salsa as per preference!
Thanks a lot! Yesterday I prepared a dish according to your recipe, it turned out very tasty! I also love to write posts about my dishes. https://ewriters.pro/ helps me with the design and selection of the text of the posts, I advise you to use it.