Thai food is my favorite! So, I decided to do a curry with the leftover homemade coconut milk. You can never go wrong with Thai flavors – lemongrass & kaffir lime leaves… they somehow manage to make a meal both comforting and refreshing!
This dish is traditionally served with rice. If you don’t include rice in your diet, it’s great over cauliflower rice too!
1 lb. chicken thigh (boneless, skinless) – cut into 1 inch chunks
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoon green curry paste
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
*3 inch lemongrass
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced
2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups homemade coconut milk
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic, lemongrass and ginger, saute for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Toss chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and brown on all sides. Use more coconut oil, if needed.
- Add green curry paste and make sure all chicken is coated.
- Add rest of vegetables until lightly sauteed (just a minute or two).
- Add coconut milk and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft, but still firm and colorful.
- Top with fresh basil & serve!
*Lemongrass – Use the pale yellow portion, slice it thinly and place it in the food processor. For more details, here is a great step by step guide.