Hello Readers (if there are even any of you left)! I know I’ve been neglecting my blog lately and it’s been weeks since I last posted. I really do miss it here! I have several recipes brewing, I just have to find the time to post them. Maybe, I would have the time, if I wasn’t in bed by 8:30! Yes, 8:30. What can I say, I love to sleep… And I need it now, more than ever.
Regardless of how busy life gets around here, cooking healthy meals is a priority for us. Here is a delicious and easy curry recipe – made from scratch! This type of dish would usually be served over rice. I used yams in this recipe to make the dish more hearty since we were skipping the rice. To speed up this recipe, I used a rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods. You can always just saute chicken pieces in coconut oil, until cooked through. This is one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day!
1 cup coconut milk (I used homemade)
3 cloves garlic
1 inch piece of ginger
1 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
3 dried red chilies
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 inch piece lemongrass
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 large yam, peeled and cubed
2 kefir lime leaves
1.5 lbs. cooked chicken, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium zucchinis, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup chicken stock (preferably, homemade)
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients for curry sauce into food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook yams in boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drain & set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add zucchini and bell peppers and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, yams, chicken stock and curry sauce. Add kefir lime leaves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.