This easy-to-make cold zucchini noodle salad is the perfect side dish for warmer days. It features bacon, tomatoes, fresh chives and a creamy avocado oil mayonnaise dressing. Paleo & gluten-free.
Celebrate the end of the summer season with this simple and satisfying zucchini noodle salad. It’s basically a spin on a BLT, but in salad form and with a few tweaks. That means it has bacon… need I say more?
This cold salad is a cinch to make and aside from preparing the bacon, involves no cooking. Speaking of bacon, I recommend cooking it in the oven for less mess and easier cleanup. Personally, I like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon strips in a single layer. Then, I bake it at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. Lastly, I place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
As far as assembly goes, the zucchini noodles, bacon, tomatoes and fresh chives get tossed together with a simple avocado oil mayonnaise dressing, and it’s ready to eat immediately! Then, serve with your favorite protein for a delicious and complete meal. Chicken is my favorite with this dish, but I think a grilled burger would be fantastic too.
Cheers and enjoy!
Zucchini Noodle, Bacon and Tomato Salad
- 2 medium-large zucchini, spiralized
- 5-6 slices cooked good-quality bacon, chopped (I recommend bacon with no sugar added)
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, granulated garlic or garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust flavor, as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini noodles, bacon, cherry tomatoes and fresh chives. Pour dressing on top and gently mix. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve immediately.