We love putting these popsicle molds to good use in the summer! We make all kinds of paletas. A paleta is pretty much a Mexican popsicle, which is made with fresh fruit or real fruit juice. Summer fruits are my favorite for making these healthy treats!
This particular combo with cantaloupe, lime, and fresh mint could not be more refreshing. Plus, the paletas are loaded with vitamins and not overly sweet. I used very little honey to sweeten these, as the cantaloupe was already really sweet.
These are so refreshing and make for a perfect healthy dessert or afternoon treat. Take them to your next summer get-together, too!
Cantaloupe Mint Paletas
Equipment: Popsicle molds (I used these ones)
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- pinch of salt salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Place the cantaloupe, lime juice, honey and sea salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add mint and pulse for a few more seconds, until it is combined into the cantaloupe mixture.
- Pour cantaloupe mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours to overnight.
Do you make homemade popsicles? What’s your favorite combo?
You may also enjoy: