Treat season is upon us, mamas! Birthday parties, BBQs, end of the year parties, etc. etc. etc. I have to admit, this Paleo stuff was much easier before becoming a parent. Especially now that Indyanna is 3, I am finding that I have to be much more prepared with my Paleo alternatives for social events. She is also learning about the deliciousness of these foods… well, at least the Paleo versions. So, she is starting to ask for things like cookies.
One “treat” we have been making often this summer are popsicles. They are perfect for this warm summer weather. Indyanna took these Creamy Strawberry-Mint Pops to her preschool for her birthday celebration and they were hit amongst all the kids and teachers alike!
I like adding a little bit of mint to freshen up the flavor and some coconut milk to give them a creamier consistency. I find that the coconut milk, due to the added fat, can make these popsicles more filling. I can offer these as an afternoon snack and they will hold her up until dinner is ready.
The honey really is optional in this recipe. We make it both ways. The sweetened version definitely makes these taste more like a classic popsicle. But I often make them unsweetened and my toddler never complains!
Creamy Strawberry-Mint Pops
Makes 10 popsicles!
- You can find my favorite popsicle molds here. I love their classic look.
- You will also need some popsicle sticks. I use these ones.
4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled
1 cup of coconut milk (homemade or I like this brand)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey (optional) (find locally or here)
pinch of sea salt (I use this kind)
1 tablespoon fresh mint
- Place the strawberries, coconut milk, lime juice, honey and sea salt in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Add mint and pulse for a few more seconds, until it is well combined with the strawberry mixture.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours to overnight
Do you make homemade popsicles? What are your favorite flavor combinations?
Click HERE to PIN this post!